At Family Therapy Associates we value the health and wellness of our clients and staff. We also remain committed to continuing to provide mental health services during this time of uncertainty. We will be keeping all scheduled therapy appointments and will be performing those via telehealth or by phone. Please check back for further updates from our office related to COVID-19. We look forward to seeing you soon. Schedule a Telehealth appointment today.
Our Commitment to You During COVID-19
We want to acknowledge the anxiety many of you may be feeling about what is currently happening in our country right now with the coronavirus and the implications on daily life including therapy appointments. Please know that Family Therapy Associates cares about our clients and our employees very much. We have been working diligently to determine a plan that has your best interest in mind as well as our staff. At this time, given the State of Wisconsin’s Safer at Home order, therapy sessions will be conducted via telehealth.
Some basic precautions and actions we encourage you to take during this time are:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or forearm when you cough or sneeze
- Please stay home when sick
- Maintain social distancing recommendations
- Avoid group gatherings
We want you to know that the health and safety of our FTA staff and clients is our priority. During this time we are supporting telecommuting for all employees to work from home if desired. We will be offering telehealth services for all scheduled therapy appointments. When we return to the office health and safety will continue to be our top priority.
- We are committed to keeping office spaces clean and disinfected and will provide disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer at all sites.
- We will relax cancellation policies for clients and staff at this time. We request no one comes into the office if not feeling well or exposed to COVID-19 per health department recommendations.
COVID-19: NOTICE TO CLIENTS
April 24, 2020
Family Therapy Associates will soon employ a transition process for those therapists and clients interested in returning to face to face services in the office. As behavioral health services are considered essential and telehealth is not available or appropriate for all clients, we will begin taking steps to transition clients to office-based services when necessary and appropriate on a case by case basis.
To receive in-person services, clients must meet at least one of following criteria:
· Clinical necessity
· Risk of self-harm
· Risk of out of home placement
· Risk of hospitalization
· Disengaged or regressing in treatment
· Unable to access technology necessary for telehealth
Client needs will dictate whether face-to-face services are approved at this time. The client, provider, and agency all must agree to engage in face-to-face services. No provider or client will be required to meet in person.
For those who return to in-office appointments, it is mandatory that social distancing recommendations are followed to the best of your ability. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Remaining 6 feet apart and refraining from any physical contact. If this is not possible in a given meeting space, therapists are required to wear a face mask while providing services and clients are strongly encouraged to do so.
· Wearing a mask/face covering. It is currently recommended that a cloth mask/face covering be worn in any public area including the waiting area and rest rooms.
· Washing hands often for no less than 20 seconds.
· Cleaning and disinfecting any frequently touched surfaces in meeting rooms.
· Meeting face to face is prohibited if a provider or client has a temperature, has had a temperature in the last 24 hours, or if either has been in the presence of someone with a temperature within the last 24 hours.
Should you wish to begin in-office services with a client, please inform you clinician, so that additional accommodations to the waiting area and staggered scheduling of clients can be arranged. The flow of clients must be monitored in order to comply with recommended social distancing. Please note that therapists will be responsible for disinfecting their own office space between in-person client meetings.
Family Therapy Associates, the provider or the client may return to telehealth services at any time upon request.
This is not a full transition for all staff and clients but intended to be specific for those providers who have clients that need to be seen in the office for specific reasons as outlined above. We will be revisiting any additional recommendations May 19th or sooner if needed.
For more up to date information on COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control.